Terms and conditions
First 5 Forever Participation Guidelines are also known as the Terms and Conditions. We provide these terms and conditions so that everyone knows the rules for entering and participating in online First 5 Forever activities and competitions.
First 5 Forever is a moderated website. All content submitted for posting to the First 5 Forever website is reviewed prior to posting.
- Contributions/posts may be edited, removed or not published if they contain
- Private or personal information that may identify the participant.
- Profanities, obscenities or content that is graphic in nature.
- Personal attacks on other users.
- Non consented images
- Intentionally false or misleading, defamatory, obscene, pornographic, threatening or harassing comments; and/or other information that First 5 Forever deems at its sole discretion to be inappropriate for this site.
- First 5 Forever reserves the right to archive and republish all contributions received in promoting this program.
- Approved submissions will be published to the respective competition posting pages of the First 5 Forever website.
For more information regarding postings visit the State Library of Queensland Comments Policy.
This website and all the material on it are subject to copyright belonging to the State Library of Queensland.
All other material published on this website including information, text, images, sounds and audio-visual material, is protected by copyright. If you wish to use any of the content or images on this site, please contact email@example.com or call (07) 3840 7853.
When you upload a photo or artwork to the First 5 Forever website, you agree that your photo or artwork will be licensed using a Creative Commons Attribution Non-Commercial 3.0 Australia Licence.
You remain the owner of copyright in the photo or artwork but others, including State Library of Queensland, may;
Share — copy and redistribute it in any medium or format
Adapt — remix, transform, and build upon it
Under the following terms:
Attribution — Anyone who uses a photograph or artwork must give appropriate credit, and provide a link to the license.
Non-Commercial —The photograph or artwork must not be used for commercial purposes.
- Competition entrants must submit complete contact details for inclusion into prize draws. If complete contact details are not provided they cannot be entered into the prize draws. Check competition details for dates on when winners are notified.
- Winners for competitions are selected by judging panel. All entries who have submitted complete contact details will be included in the draw. Decisions are final.
- Winners’ names will be posted to the website. Every effort is made to notify participants if they are prize winners.
- Parental consent & release must be given for all photos which contain images of children aged 18 years and younger. Photos of children and young people that do not have a parental consent & release will not be posted to the website. In addition, where multiple children, aged 18 and under, are captured in a photo, parental consent will be required from all parties in the photo prior to posting. For assistance in posting group photos, email firstname.lastname@example.org
I give consent to the Library Board of Queensland, its employees, agents or partners (‘State Library’), to use and retain my/my child’s (‘the Participant’):
- Name, image or recording (‘Record’); and/or
Personal property (including artefacts) and/or copyright material (‘Material’)
I understand that: By giving consent, State Library can use and retain my Record and/or Material for:
- Public relations, promotion, advertising, reporting and planning, commercial activities;
- Use by the media in relation to activities that show me in a positive way; and
- Any additional activities identified in a Schedule accompanying this Consent Form.
My consent will continue until withdrawn in writing. If, at that time, State Library is using my Record or Material, or has contractual obligations in relation to my Record or Material, the consent will continue until the use or the obligations end. ‘Use’ includes:
- to create, make copies of or reproduce or retain in any form; and
- to distribute, publish or communicate publicly, privately or commercially in any form in whole or in part.
- State Library may use the Record or Material unless I withdraw my consent;
State Library will not pay me for giving consent or for the use. This Consent Form does not transfer ownership of copyright to State Library. Nothing in this Consent Form limits the rights that the State Library has in relation to the Record or Material under any other law.
State Library values your privacy and we are asking for your consent before we use your personal information, including your photograph or copyright material, as part of our commitment to the Information Privacy Principles set out in the Information Privacy Act (2009). This Consent Form authorises State Library to use and retain your name, photograph, recording (“Record”) and any specified personal property or copyright material (“Material”) for the purposes outlined in the form, subject to any conditions/limitations you apply.
Conditions and limitations
The Consent Form allows you to place conditions and limitations on the State Library’s use of your Record and/or Material, for example:
- Cultural conditions/limitations – for example, you may wish to remove an image for a period of time following the death of an individual or for a period of mourning or you may wish to limit the use of sacred or cultural material.
- Other conditions/limitations – for example, you may not wish your photograph to be used for commercial purposes.
What if I give my consent and later change my mind?
You can change or withdraw your consent in writing at any time. Changes however, will only apply from the date State Library receives your request. Any existing publications, productions, presentations or promotions that use your Record or Material will not be withdrawn from use. To change or withdraw consent in writing, contact the State Library of Queensland Privacy Officer State Library of Queensland PO Box 3488, South Brisbane Qld 4101 t 61+ 07 3840 7780 e email@example.com
Do I still own copyright in my material?
Yes you do. By signing the Consent Form you do not give State Library ownership of copyright or other intellectual property rights in your material. You simply give State Library permission to use your material for the purposes mentioned in the Consent Form.
The Queensland Government’s Information Privacy Act (2009) regulates how personal information is collected, stored, used, disclosed and amended by the public sector. You can obtain further information about your privacy rights, or access a copy of the Information Privacy Act 2009 on the Office of the Information Commissioner’s website at http://www.oic.qld.gov.au/about/legislation. If you have any questions about privacy practices at the State Library, please email us on firstname.lastname@example.org or phone +61(0)7 3840 7780.