A book-themed birthday for Moreton Bay tot
Books have been such an important part of baby Oliver’s first year, his parents decided to theme his first birthday around all the wonderful stories they’ve shared as a family.
There was a library cake topped with a very hungry caterpillar and party food was given a distinct literary flavour.
The 13 books featured at the party are some of our favourites too!
- Hairy Maclary From Donaldson’s Dairy by Lynley Dodd
- Diary of a Wombat by Jackie French, illustrated by Bruce Whatley
- Winnie the Pooh and the Honey Tree adapted by Janet Campbell
- The Very Hungry Caterpillar by Eric Carle
- The Tale of Peter Rabbit by Beatrix Potter
- Ten Little Fingers and Ten Little Toes by Mem Fox, illustrated by Helen Oxenbury
- The Three Little Pigs (fable)
- If You Give a Cat a Cupcake by Laura Joffe Numeroff, illustrated by Felicia Bond
- We’re Going on a Bear Hunt by Michael Rosen, illustrated by Helen Oxenbury
- Piranhas Don’t Eat Bananas by Aaron Blabey
- Green Eggs and Ham by Dr. Seuss
- Slowly, Slowly by T.M Clark, illustrated by Helene Magisson
- Possum Magic by Mem Fox, illustrated by Julie Vivas
A regular visitor to the local library, Mum Tash said Oliver was just 2 months and 3 days old when he received his very own library card.
“[The library] helped my son and I bond over the love of books and the tools I have learnt through the First 5 Forever program have been invaluable,” she said.
Happy Birthday Oliver – what a great way to celebrate such an important milestone!