10 books to read before you're one
There’s a lot to pack in from birth to one so we’ve whittled down a list of 10 must-reads that every baby should chew, mouth and dribble on before their first birthday.
Did we miss your family favourite? Tell us on our Facebook page.
- Hug by Jez Alborough
- Crashing and Splashing by Alison Lester
- Dear Zoo by Rod Campbell
- Mesmerised by Katey Love
- Go Baby Go by Sally Rippin
- Gossie & Gertie by Olivier Dunrea
- Ten Little Fingers and Ten Little Toes by Mem Fox
- That’s Not My…Series by Fiona Watt & Rachel Wells
- Baby Gets Dressed by Katrina Germein
- Clap Hands by Helen Oxenbury
Oh, and Danny and son Jackson’s fave (pictured) is The Very Hungry Caterpillar, by Eric Carle. Check your local library for copies and while you’re there, see what Storytime and Rhyme time sessions are available.